While I was enjoying my last day in the Florida sun, I decided to optimize my blog. Along the way, I discovered a few tips that can help anyone with any blog.
- Go through “Uncategorized” or “General” posts and sort them out to their rightful categories. Not only will you be reducing the clutter in your blog, but also placing it in a named category is helpful for search engine optimization (SEO).
- While we are on the topic, look at categories that have zero, that’s “0” posts. You could go ahead and delete those categories as that are taking up database space.
- Also look at those categories that have a few posts, up to 5 for example. If your blog enables tagging, you can turn those categories into tags.
- If you have tags with a significant number of posts, it may be time to convert the tag into its own category.
- Similarly, if you have categories and/or tags with a significant number of tags, now may be the time to think about a spinoff.
Cleaning up clutter, whether virtual or physical helps to clear the ways for new creative ideas. After all, how do you think that I came up with this blog post. 😉
Leave a Reply