There has been a lot of discussion going on about folks not being able to read full blog posts in their feed readers.
There are many reason why some sites choose to have partials feeds, to mainly drive traffic to the main site.
So I’m going to demo how to change your feeds from partial to full for Blogger, TypePad and WordPress.
Of course there are time when you want a post to be partial as opposed to another, but we’ll save that for another day.
- Login to you Blogger account
- Click on the Blog of your choice
- Click on the “Settings” link
- Click on “Site Feed”
- Choose your preference for “Allow Blog Feeds” select pulldown option.
- Login to your TypePad account
- Choose the blog of your choice via the “Blogs” pulldown in the top green navigation.
- Click on the “Settings” Tab in the top blue navigation
- Click on the “Feeds” button in the left hand navigation
- Go to the “Feed Content” section and select the option of your choice.
and last but not least, WordPress (this applies to both WordPress.com and WordPress.org)
- Log into your WordPress account
- Expand the “Settings” tab
- Click on the “Reading” link
- Choose your feed preference
Any blog platforms that I’m missing? Let me know.