With all the recent Facebook news, it was brought to my attention that my previous post needed updates.
So here’s the for the moment edition of Keeping your Information Private on Facebook.
- Log into your Facebook account and go to the upper right hand corner and click on Account.
- Scroll down and click on Privacy Settings.
- I recommend using the Custom Settings. You can then choose who among your friend groups sees what. You can the click on the Customize settings link.
- For the purposes of this post, I’m going to scroll down and control what others share on my Facebook page, particularly the Photos and Videos section. I went ahead and selected Custom setting. You can also customize settings for other sections of your Facebook profile as well.
- Now, you can tell Facebook which groups or individuals can see what photos and who doesn’t.
So if your in doubt as to what to with your Facebook Profile, the keyword of the day is “customize.”