If you have been indoors and you have pets, this means that flies have more than likely made a visit.
It can be hard to find a non-toxic way to get rid of flies without harming your pets. Here is one method I’ve discovered by accident that can prove to be useful.
Use a used pet food can to get rid of flies in a non-toxic way.
Here are the steps I used.
- After feeding your pet(s), scrape out the wet food can
- Fill the can with some cool water about halfway
- Leave in an area where the files are for 24 hours
- After you come back from the day, flies may appear in the can
- Empty out water and dispose of the flies.
As the human of two cats, I can state that the method does work. More than a handful of flies have been caught in my space.
There are many factors than can contribute. Temperature, weather and humidity are some. Results may vary.