Time flies doesn’t it? I can’t believe it’s been a year since I started bullet journaling.
This is what I’ve learned so far:
- All you need is a pen and a notebook. That’s it. It can be any notebook. It does not need to be fancy. You probably already have what you need, just look around the house. Then if it works for you, you can upgrade gradually.
- Look for inspiration, but keep your needs in mind as well. It’s easy to get lost in all the images on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. At the end of the day, your notebook has to suit your needs.
- You get to format your journal your way. If you don’t like how a layout turned out, you can always change it on the next page.
- If you “mess up” a page, cover it up and move on. This journal is only for you. The whole world does not need to know about your mistake unless you show it to them
- It’s a journey, not a race. It’s easy to get overwhelmed with all the layouts and etc. I’ve been at this over a year and I’m still learning. Don’t feel that you have to get it right from the start. In the end, you will find what formats work for you and what doesn’t and you’ll adjust as you need to.
Have you started bullet journaling? Please comment below about your lessons and insights.